Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sewing's not my thing!

at least not hemming jeans. I guess that counts as mending, not sewing. However, since DH spoils me rotten, I do mending for him only--do NOT let that secret out! I put in a jeans needle and used thick jeans thread and beat the thick side seams into submission with a hammer ( a tip from a dear lady on my WIP list) and still had stall-out in the seam--thot my machine would smoke and quit!! But DH is now the proud owner of a pair of jeans the right length (I hope--he hasn't tried them on yet!). And they only sat in the corner for 4 months!! :-)
He replaced two of my flourescent light fixtures in my studio that the ballast had died in with much better ones--hooray, I can now see up there. See, he is very handy to have around! I need to fix some rice to go with the beans he has had simmering on the stove all day--I think I'll keep mending for him!

4 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

I can vouch for his cooking! I dont own mending tools anymore.Ü

Jody said...

I just used my sewing machine--you can too!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL I LOVE the hammering it into submission tip! Thanks!! :-) If you ever find an old vintage singer... like a 301 that isn't pretty necessarily.. but it will sew through those jeans usually without hesitation. :-) That's a good man you have there!!!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

ooooooh no my sewing machine doesnt do mending. I didnt buy that feature! Lol.... Hey have you noticed its colder at your house then at mine? I am wearing my jammies with feet in them.Ü