Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wimpy Wednesday

Well, I'm puny--caught a cold on Sunday and thought I had it beat--not so.  So I hibernated in the studio and quilted Judy's quilt. It is done.  Her DH is into subtle, so the thread color is very blendy.  I used Linda Taylor's "Feather Meander" and Superior's Omni in a pale peach color--it does show up nicely on the back and I'm happy with it.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun Friday

A quilting friend stopped by this morning with a cute wall hanging top she wanted me to baste on Henrietta so she could machine quilt it.  And i discovered i had my needle inserted at the wrong angle--the eye was turned too much to the left, so in certain directions--back and to the left, it wasn't catching the bobbin thread to make stitches.  Good thing it was basting and not quilting!!
 And I had my second piano lesson--I am loving this!  I do need to strengthen my ring and pinkie fingers---lots of scale practice in my immediate future.
I will be working (or playing) tomorrow--so that means my backbone of mush must also be strengthened to resist fabric acquisitions!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012


is finished.  I love doing bindings at my quilt group meetings--I can visit without having to concentrate!!

Monday, January 16, 2012

# 2

is finished and # 3 just needs the hand sewing of the binding and it will be done!  I've also quilted a large lap for a local charity.  Have you ever done one on a longarm that doesn't have enough backing?!?  I will NEVER not measure a back again!!  (I usually only quilt for myself, so I know the size of my backings---more than needed!!)
But it is done, albeit, creatively at the last edge.

I am seriously considering changing Gertrude's name to Henrietta, which was my previous longarm's name.  I keep calling her by it, so might as well make it official.  There, I've decided...Henrietta it is!

Next on my list to quilt is a queen size for a dear friend.  I've had the thing for awhile (I'm too ashamed to tell you how long--let's just say I need to iron the top and backing before loading!) and she's waited patiently enough!  I will post a photo of it on Henrietta--it is gorgeous and she likes feathers, so will use a feather type panto I used for the first time on the charity quilt.

Friday, January 6, 2012

First Finish for 2012

is the wedding gift.  It was done on Wednesday, washed on Thursday and photographed and wrapped today.  I am taking Tilde's 12 for 12 challenge and will be a piece of cake if I just quilt a few of my tops--the binding is no problem.  I need to prepare backs--that's the problem!  For crying out loud, it's only 1 or 2 seams!!!  Get with it!

OK, maybe I'll listen to myself......