Monday, May 6, 2013

Design Wall Monday

This is on my wall:

It started life as the 46 Ugly FQ bargello quilt.  And then it sat, all in strips til I saw Bonnie Hunter's scrappy trip blocks.  So it morphed into these blocks--still have a bunch to put together.  I was working on this at the crafter's retreat and ladies were trying to be polite and say something positive about them, but when I said they were 'sposed to be ugly fabrics, the relief on their faces was comical!  I purchased 100 FQ sight unseen for $100.00 way back when I first started quilting----won't do that again!!  DH thought the whole thing was ugly, but it reminds me of something our grandmothers would have done from their scrapbags!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this quilt pattern, and yours looks so very colorful! Great thing about ugly is that the ugly diminishes the smaller it's cut.....that's Bonnies theory and she's right!! I think your strips are all pretty.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I think your quilt is looking fabulous!! Am I weird that way? lol Maybe b/c I grew up with grandmothers' and greatgrandmothers' and great great aunts' quilts all passed down and that is basically what they looked like. They used what they had, and to me they were so colorful and beautiful.. to this day I love scrappy things! Yours will be GREAT! :)

Unknown said...

it doesnt look ugly at all in the picture!